This Charter is a declaration of our mission, goals, values, efforts, duties, standards, and our sincere commitment to guide and help public at large.
- Health and Sanitation wing of this Corporation is headed by Health Officer and assisted by Sanitation Officers, Assistant Sanitation Officers, Sanitary Inspectors, Sanitary Supervisors besides Permanent Safai Karmcharies.
È Health Officer :-
Dr. Vinod Sharma ( 9419182088)
- In the extended areas the work of sanitation is being executed through N.G.O’s.
- The fleet of 100 vehicles is presently deployed by Jammu Municipal Corporation for disposal of Municipal Garbage and Solid Wastes and lifting of Stray Animals in order to maintain sanitation of the Jammu Municipal Corporation. The Jammu Municipal Corporation intends to further strengthen the transport wing by adding latest Machines/Vehicles
È Transport Officer :-
Kulwant Singh Chib (9419137260)
- The development works undertaken by the Corporation mainly comprise of Construction/Upgradation/Maintenance of: -
- Lanes, Bye - lanes,
- Bathing Ghats (Tootian),
- Cremation Grounds,
- Grave Yards,
- Water Coolers
Construction of Toilets:- Toilets shall be constructed on the sites
identified by the engineering wing of the Corporation and the work
of construction of toilets at various places in Jammu City shall got
done both by outsourcing as well as by our own sources.
Through Jammu Municipal Corporation.
PUBLIC TOILET-PAY & USE BASIS BEING TAKEN UP
- Urinal Block at Janipura
- Toilet Complex,
Janipura, Main Stop Site Disputed.
- Toilet Complex, New
Completed and being used.
- Toilet Complex,
Kachi Chawani --do—
- urinal Block,
Ambphala near Jail In Progress .
- Toilet Complex,
Jogi Gate (Crematorium) In Progress.
Road at three different sites -
i) Opposite Bus Stand.
ii) K.C. Chowk.
iii) Near Vegetable Market below Fly Over.
- Toilet Complex,
- Toilet Complex at Manda.
taken up shortly.
- Street Lights
- High mast lights are also being installed at important as well as at strategic crossings.
Installation of High Mast Lights :- Jammu Municipal Corporation has
installed 44 High Mast Lights within Corporation limits in the
current financial year and 11 such lights are in progress in
addition to 41 such lights installed in pervious years. These High
Mast Lights have been installed in main Chowks, Parks and Rotaries.
- The Corporation also undertakes creating of revenue yielding assets to augment the revenue of the Corporation.
- Line Departments viz., Sewerage and Drainage stands transferred by the Government to the Corporation and till date Sewerage and drainage Division (west) headed by Executive Engineer along with staff has been posted in Jammu Municipal Corporation.
- Sewerage and Drainage Division of this Corporation is undertaking different schemes under Sewerage and Drainage sector
- The Chief Accounts Officer being the Drawing and Disbursing Officer who looks after the maintenance of:
- Expenditure etc of the Corporation.
Chief Accounts Officer :- Umar Khan
- The Corporation is in the process of inclusion for introducing of Double Entry Accounting System.
- Removing of encroachments and to check the unauthorized building activities is a regular activity of the Jammu Municipal Corporation.
- The building section headed by Building Officers deals with the processing of building permission cases within the limits of Jammu Municipal Corporation.
ÈSenior Town Planner :- Surinder Sharma (9419140489)
- There is Veterinary Officer in Jammu Municipal Corporation, who is looking after slaughter houses and Cattle ponds. The Veterinary Officer also deals with the menace of stray animals and also treats the sick stray animals.
ÈMunicipal Veternary Officer :-
P.R Bharti (9419191070)
- Social Amenities (Shishu Samadian/ Cremation
Grounds/ Tutian) :-
A decision stands taken in General Function Standing Committee
during its recent meeting that special attention shall be paid
towards the development of Shishu Samadian / cremation Grounds
Besides, approval has been accorded for construction of additional
shed at Jogi Gate amounting to Rs 12.50 Lacs( Appx.)
Approval have also been accorded for Tutian ( Ladies Bath rooms
) at various cremation grounds.
With the endeavor to make the City Clean and Green, Jammu Municipal
Corporation took the initiative for plantation of trees during
Thirty thousand plants were planted in different locations
during monsoon season.
Different areas including graveyard, cremation ground, schools,
colonies were identified and about 39,000 trees were planted to
maintain greenery. A similar plan is also on to anvil for
plantation during Jan/Feb. 2010.
- Vital Statistics wing is headed by Registrar. This wing is maintaining the records of Births and Deaths within the areas of this Corporation and issues the certificates of Births and Death. The record stands computerized with effect from 1982 onwards.
- There are 6 advocates who handle the municipal cases in the High Court, Lower Court, accountability commission and in the special tribunal.
- Measures are being taken to computerization of Jammu Municipal Corporation, this will help in monitoring the day today activities and generating reports periodically, in the first phase Vital Statistics Wing has been computerized and the data w.e.f 1989 till date is fully computerized.
- With the computerization of Vital Statistics the Birth and Death certificates are being issued instantly.
We sincerely commit ourselves to quality and timely service to the people in our endeavour of providing municipal services to people effectively and efficiently. We also commit ourselves in furthering better acceptance and understanding of the Jammu Municipal Corporation by the people.
- To discharge the primary responsibility of providing basic amenities to the people of Jammu City.
- To make the city of temples more beautiful and to give it an aesthetic look.
- To endeavour for the development of the city.
- To properly develop and maintain the parks of Jammu city especially those under the control of Jammu Municipal Corporation.
- To ensure proper disposal of the complaints and redressal of genuine grievances of the complainants.
- To generate the resources for the income of the Jammu Municipal Corporation to make it self reliant.
We commit ourselves in enlightening the public on the policy decisions and schemes of the Jammu Municipal Corporation. We dedicate ourselves to the cause of promoting better understanding between the Jammu Municipal Corporation and the people.
- To effectively propagate the ideals and policies of the Jammu Municipal Corporation.
- To provide the information about the schemes of the Jammu Municipal Corporation to the doorsteps of the people.
- To create awareness among the people particularly among the urban masses for making the city clean and green.
- Dissemination of information on policies and programmes of the Jammu Municipal Corporation.
- High standards of service for public who have an actual or potential interest in the working of Jammu Municipal Corporation.
- Sustainable excellence and transparency in formulation of policies dovetailing it with courtesy, promptness and reliability in its day-to-day functioning.
Functions of the Corporation
Obligatory functions of the Corporation :-
It shall incumbent on the Corporation to make adequate provisions by any means or measures which it may lawfully use to take for each of the following matters, namely:
(a) the construction, maintenance; and cleaning of drains and drainage works and of public latrines, urinal and similar conveniences :
(b) the scavenging, removal and disposal of filth, rubbish and other obnoxious or polluted matters;
(c) the reclamation of unhealthy localities, the removal of noxious vegetation and generally the abatement of all nuisance;
(d) the regulation of places for the disposal of the dead and the provision and maintenance of places for the said purposes
(e) the construction and maintenance of cattle pound;
(f) measures for preventing and checking the spread of dangerous diseases;
(g) the construction, maintenance of municipal markets and the regulation thereof;
(h) the regulation of the abatement of offensive or dangerous trades or practices;
(i) the securing of removal of dangerous buildings and places;
(j) the construction; maintenance, alteration and improvements of public, streets, bridges, culverts, causeways and the like;
(k) the lighting, watering and cleaning of public streets and other public places
(l) the removal of obstruction and unauthorized projections in or upon streets, bridges and other public places;
(m) the naming and numbering of street and premises
(n) the maintenance of municipal offices
(o) the laying out of the maintenance of public parks, gardens or recreation, grounds;
(p) the maintenance of monuments and memorials vested in Jammu Municipal Corporation.
(q) the maintenance and development of the value of all properties vested, in or entrusted to the, management of the Corporation;
(r) the fulfillment of any other obligation imposed by or under Municipal Act or any other law as may be enforce from time to time.
(s) planting and, care of trees and road site etc.; and
(t) survey of buildings and lands.
Discretionary functions of the Corporation :-
The Corporation may provide either wholly on in part for all or any of the following matters, namely:
(a) the furtherance of education including cultural and physical education
(b) the establishment and maintenance of and aid to library, museums, art galleries, botanical gardens or zoological collections;
(c) the establishment and maintenance of, and aid to stadium, gymnasia, akharas and places for sports and games;
(d) the civic reception to persons. of distinction;
(e) tHe providing of'music or other entertainments in public places or places of public resort and the establisronent of theatres'and cinemas.
(f) the organisation and management of fairs and exhibitions;
(g) the construction and maintenance of :
i) : rest houses; ii) poor houses;
iii) infirmaries; iv) children's homes;
v) houses for the deaf and dumb and for disabled and handicapped children;
vi) shelters, for destitute and disabled persons;
vii) asylums for persons of unsound mind;
(h) the building or purchase and maintenance of dwelling houses for Corporation officers and other Corporation employees;
(i) any measures for the welfare of the Corporation officers and other Corporation employees or any class of them, including the sanctioning of loans to such officers and employees or any class of them for construction of houses and purchase of vehicles;
(j) the organisation or management of chemical or bacteriological laboratories for the examination or analysis of water, food and drugs for the detection of diseases or research connected with the public health or medical relief;
(k) the provision for relief to destitute and disabled persons;
(l) public vaccination and inoculation;
(m) the organisation and management of swimming pools, public wash houses, bathing place and other institution designed for the improvement of public health;
(n) the organisation and management of farms and dairies within or outside
the municipal area for the supply, distribution and processing of milk and milk products fot the benefits of the residents of the municipal area;
(o) the organisation and management of cottage industries, handicraft centres and sales emporium
(p) the construction and maintenance of warehouses and godowns;
(q) the construction and maintenance of garages, sheds and stands for vehicles and cattle biers;
(r) the provision for unfiltered water supply;
(s ) the improvement of the municipal area in accordance with improvement schemes approved by the Corporation;
(t) the provision of housing accommodation for the inhabitants of any area or, for any class of inhabitants;
(u) the establishment and maintenance of hospitals, dispensaries and maternity and child welfare centres; and the carrying out of other measures necessary for public medical relief;
(v) any measures not here in before specifically maintained, likely to promote public safety, health, convenience or general welfare.